Thursday, November 09, 2006

Things that make you say....huh?


The first thougtht I had was wtf is that? You can't see it well in this phone pic, but it's a Fisher-Price type pop-up toy, with little people, big buttons, and a spinny-wheely thing on the side.

My first thought was...eh heh...it's red, it's the first thing dad could find to tie on the back of his truck, in lieu of a red flag. And, truth be told, it IS eye-catching and makes you pay attention.

The second thing I thought of was...my son loved, still loves, to emulate his parents and makes the weirdest set-ups to serve as office, spaceship, time-machine...what have you. Often these lash-ups are just that, pieces and things you'd never consider a toy, tied and/or taped together. So, what if enterprising youngster lashed this up there in the hopes he could do whatever daddy did? Then I discarded that notion. Little kiddo wouldn't (shouldn't?) be out behind dad's trailer and the knots are beyond the average toddler.

So...I'm back to dad madly searching for something red "...red..gotta have RED...HONEY!!! I need something red to tie on the back of my machiny thing with rollers and buttons...and.......oh.......You're kidding me, right?"

Either that or he is brilliant "...Yep! A red kid's toy will get their attention alright."

Whatever the case, it made me laugh on a muggy Thursday morning, when I would have just as soon stayed in bed, thank you very much.

No comments: