Monday, November 13, 2006

The new math

Okay...I realize I haven't been in the fourth grade for a very long time now..about 45 years to be exact. But if the method of teaching multiplication that my son just told me is how they've been doing it...it's no frippin' wonder we're falling behind every industrialized nation in the world...and not a few 3rd world ones, as well!

We have a problem...let's say it's

34 times 22....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



So the 2 in the ones column "pitches" to the "batter," the 4 in the ones column. then the 2 pitches to the 3 and you cross out the 2 in the ones column because it's done for the day.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then you draw a smiley face...cuz the two is happy to be done...yes, folks a FUCKING SMILEY FACE!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


*sighs* I lost it at this point...

1 comment:

LL said...

WHAT?