Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sometimes you just have to say....

So, yeah. Went to my gyno back in April. Was telling her about a lump in my right breast that has been going on for several years now. I could still feel it, but the last time I had a mammo, there was nothing there.  So, on 25 April, I went over to the spiffy new breast care center at Seton and got the girls properly squished and mangled. 

 Then I went in to get a uterine biopsy for my fibroid issues (long story short, I have fibroids to the point I can't do any kind of exercise or lifting, except walking) and an ultrasound. Dr S told me then that the breast center needed a diagnostic mammo.  I made the appointment; can't remember what came up now, but I had to cancel it. I think things with Mum's cancer. So, I go in on 2 June for the "closer look."  they see a "suspicious" area. Remember this, folks, "suspicious" is doctor-talk for we know what the shit this is, but until we confirm it, we'll string your hopes out. So on 6 June, I went back for a stereotactic core biopsy (google that, you have fingers, right?)

I remember one I had years ago, and based on where it was, it was not comfortable at all, so for this one, I had my husband take me and I popped a hydrocodone. In the end, I think they clamped a nerve or something, because all I felt was some tugging, not even the burn, burn, burn the radiologist kept warning me about. Afterward, I went home and slept.

On Monday, 9 June, my gyno calls and tells me "we didn't dodge the bullet on this one."



No comments: