Friday, July 18, 2014

Title this something

No even remotely clever titles today. So, to catch up, have now seen the urogynecologist and the general surgeon. Did I mention in my last post...yes I did, that I have fibroids that have been a constant PITA for 20 or so years now?  Yeah. So. I was given two options for the breast cancer, lumpectomy, radiation, and chemo, or mastectomy and chemo. After a long bit of self discussion, like you do...I decided on the mastectomy and chemo, for a number of reasons. Then I did further research because hormonal type cancers run in my family, I decided to have the bilateral mastectomy at the same time as the da Vinci hysterectomy/

Wow..I won't have any girly bits left at all after this. Silly Man says he doesn't like the idea of his wife becoming a "eunuch," but he likes the idea of his wife dead even less ;)

4 comments:

okienurse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
okienurse said...

Sorry for deleting the first post but I had more I wanted to say...I know long winded here. First off you made some hard but logical choices...I am happy to hear Silly man agrees there are worse things then being eunuchtized. My DH thought so to when I had my pelvic mass. I had never had "female" problems so when I had to have the hysterectomy for this 10# mass it came as a surprise that I had many fibrous masses. Still have the lumpy boobs (they think fiber and fatty) but my issues aren't due to inherited hormonal cancers... If it comes to it I think I will kiss the girls goodbye and thank the powers that be that I am alive!

Unknown said...

So many things you can do after this, tho. You can get a rad full chest tattoo, or if you go for reconstruction, there are great options there too. Hell, I would come hold your hand for a tattoo - maybe even get another one! One of these days, I'm going to get all the names of family members affected by breast cancer tattooed around my pink ribbon butterfly. You are in my thoughts - all my best wishes for you.

Nicolette

Racu said...

Nicolette--you know, I have seriously been considering a tattoo...