Monday, July 21, 2014

Things that boggle the imagination

Like, for instance, sitting here blithely contemplating lopping off my frontal appendages. I decided to list the pros and cons of said execution of the girls:

Things I won't miss: bras--hate them with a passion; floppy boobs without a bra--equal scorn; underboob sweat--ick; the pain in my left breast; mammograms.

Things I'll miss: ............

Eventually, I might get a DIEP flap reconstruction, but no more than a scant B cup, if that.

The one thing I will be working on, once I'm cleared is fitness and firming up the gut. I'm one of those oh so lucky people who gains weight in the belly, aka apple-shaped, so at present my waist is larger than anything else. Up until I had my son at 45, even when I gained weight, I still had classic proportions: same on top and bottom, 10 inches smaller in the waist. 

This is my wedding pic. At 37 I'd started putting on some extra pounds, but still had a very definable waistline. Three months later, I'd put on 30 pounds because Silly Man wouldn't eat the way I did, so I started eating the way he did. Boy...was that a mistake. 

So, word to the wise: curb those carbs NOW and if you're moving, don't stop, move more; if you aren't moving, get your ass in gear.

No comments: