Thursday, August 12, 2010

Stolen from the Mistress of Wildebeests. (man, that sounds so wrong)

House Beautiful's Color Personality Quiz

1. What's the first color you see in the morning?

Depends which side of the bed I'm facing. Mostly though, stripey cat butt.



2. What color are your eyes?

Blue. No, green.      aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!



3. What color do you wear the most?

Probably blue. I have a very boring, nondescript wardrobe (if you could even call it that).



4. What color do you never wear?

Orange! (well, except for burnt orange) and certain colors of green, yellow, and most shades of purple.



5. What color do you wear when you want to feel sexy.

Sexy? Me? Surely you jest.



6. What color gets you the most compliments?

Teals and turquoises are the best. They bring out my eyes and look very good with my redhead's complexion. (I'm now grey, but I still have the coloring)



7. What color is your lipstick?

Lipschtick? Vot iss dis lipschtick of which you speak?



8. What color was your living room when you were growing up?

I lived at 17 different address by the time I was 17...I think I remember a gold living room, but I'd be willing to bet almost all of them were some shade of off-white, ivory, cream, ecru, oyster...



9. What color was your bedroom when you were growing up?

Again...17 places. I had a couple of favorites, though. When we first moved to Lincoln, we painted my first bedroom a robin's egg blue.  It was light and cheery. After my brother moved down to the recroom in the basement, I got his old room and it was dark brown.  About the time my depression started...hmmm?  When we moved out to the country, I got to pick the colors in my room, and I picked a peacock blue and a bright apple green. I LOVED that room.  I'm going to try and reprise the colors in my sewing room.



10. What color are your sheets?

One set is a mellow gold and the other a deep avocado? Olive? not sure what flavor of green you'd call it.ETA: recently bought a set from IKEA that are a deep, luscious, eggplanty-purple.  Can't wait to put them on the bed.



11. What color was your favorite crayon as a child?

"Prussian Blue"



12. What color is your car?

Black



13. What color was your prom dress?

One was black velvet, another dark blue velvet, but the one I wore to both my junior and senior proms (different cities, states, and schools) was a kind of greenish gold and white brocade...sort..of...thing.



14. What's your favorite gemstone?

Garnet, Moss Agate, rainbow fluorite, onyx.



15. What is your favorite flower?

I have to pick one?!?!

16. What color makes you happiest?

A true, clear cobalt blue.  I can stare at cobalt glass forever. Although lately, I've been getting happy vibes from saturated wild colors like pink, turquoise, and purple.



17. What color depresses you?

It's very funny, blue is my favorite color, but unless it's dark either as an accent color or paired with lighter walls, I can't stand it on walls anymore (except in S1ren's bedroom, for some odd reason...). I guess I've lived too long or something, it just looks soooo dated it's depressing.



18. What color calms you?

Blues, as long as they aren't on the wall.



19. What color makes you grind your teeth?

Orange! Yellow on cars and a certain shade of purple.  *ralf*



20. What color would you like to try, but are scared to?

Bright saturated colors in decorating.  But Imma gonna do it!!

No comments: