Monday, June 18, 2012

More June

Not too much done this weekend, on any front. Got some more things moved to the storage unit. Don't know if I said this yet or not, but over the years, I kept getting a storage unit as a "temporary" thing, a stop-gap measure while I supposedly dealt with getting my house painted, arranged, whatever. 2-3 down the road, I'd still not have gotten anything done, but was paying out on the unit, so I'd move everything back and it would sit around, in the way, for years. *sigh*  This time I just flat-out said, "I need a storage unit, pretty much permanently."  I've put things like the antique chairs and table that will be my daughter's when they get a house, the Xmas stuff that only comes out once a year, camping gear that only comes out a few times a year (and hasn't been used at all in some time, since we've not been going to events. So, to make a long story short, I now budget the $58 /month for a 5x10 storage room. I j just kind of look at it as part of the mortgage payment, since our house is seriously storage-challenged.

Didn't get to the dog park on Friday, didn't get much done on the boy's journal--a little added to the inside covers. One of the cats has his nasty eye-infection back, so I need to call the vet today about that. Got a very few things organized in the studio...very few...and mopped a section of the floor where my old cat tracked nasty stuff all over before I finally had him put down. *cries* Slowly, slowly.

Projects on the block here:

  • Call the vet about Valentino Done

  • Build the kitty loo

  • Updating the kitty condo (see lessons learned)

  • The boy's journal

  • The boy's wash--since I think my brother will finally make it over here to get him this week

  • The cleaning and organization of the studio--huge

  • The cleaning and organization of the greatroom--even huger...gargantuan

  • Finishing up the bathroom--stripping that awful popcorn crap off the ceiling and painting said ceiling, putting the last couple of baseboard pieces in, and framing up the mirror with molding

  • Getting rid of more crap in my bedroom and organizing the rest

  • Building my bed.

  • Selling the trumpet, Navajo loom, dog gates, and primitives

  • Making and posting  the vid about my dos-à-dos journals

  • Finish painting the kitchen--big job


Not necessarily in that order. Oh, and write at least a chapter a week...uh huh.

I'm writing from work because I'm waiting for the scans to finish on my old computer and for Office Max to deliver the transfer cable so I can move everything to my new computer. Woo..it's lunchtime, baby!

No comments: