Thursday, July 21, 2011

Zen and the Art of List-Making

Pursuant to the post about getting back in the SCA, I want to start a project book. I have one, a cheapie spiral that I made all sorts of lists in good gods...9 years ago??  *sighs* Has is really been that long ago? Where in Hades’ Funhouse does it go?  I don't really think it's been that long ago for some of it...I hope.

Okay, so, let’s see, here are the list titles, I’ll get to the individual lists later:

  • Kitchen box (make cover) [the kitchen box is a Rubbermaid® Roughneck™, as are a lot of our camping boxes, so they need covers to hide the “mundanity”]

    • Permanent Items

    • Consumable Items



  • Food box – staples

  • Feastbox – regular event items

  • Feastbox – court event items

  • General Equipment

  • Banners

  • Coolers

  • Tent

  • Tool Kit

  • Light Box

  • Stake Box

  • Pavilion

  • Bedding

  • X3 Minimum Costumes – summer

  • X3 Minimum Costumes – not summer [it IS Texas, after all]

  • X2? Armor

  • X3 Costume Projects to Finish [well, they WERE to finish, but now to start]

  • X3 Mundane Clothing/Equipment/Sundries

  • Other Projects to Finish

  • War List! [for Gulf War during Spring Break]


And that’s just what I have in the spiral.

Now..before I go any farther, I want to replace the spiral with a different kind of notebook. Still a spiral but different. I could supply a small office supply store with the stash of paper, pens, spirals, binders, clips, hi-liters, etc that I have. No. Really.  So, here’s the list of new SCA project notebook candidates:

  • Pen-tab Project Planner – 7.25 w x 9.5 h, Lined, numbered, with a blank notes section on the right hand side.

  • Cambridge, top-bound, ¼” graph paper

  • 2, count them! 2 Bienfang Note Sketch Book – standard size, a little less than half of the page is lined, on the left, and the right is all blank. I already have a couple projects in one of these.

  • Cambridge Executive planner pages – standard size, top spiral, roughly the top two-thirds is ¼” graph paper, the bottom is yellow and lined “Quick Notes”

  • Off-brand Notes/Sketch Book – 11x9” drawing weight paper, one-sided, top less than half blank for sketching, bottom lined.

  • Stuart Hall Executive Project Planner – standard size, narrow blank notes section on the left, lined on the right. So far, this one is my front-runner.


 

I shall sleep on it. Night.

 

No comments: