Thursday, March 20, 2008

Filch

While I ponder the second part of the promised never-ending self-analysis, I stole this from my daughter's blog, simply because she expects it of me (as in I'm the one person she knows will answer the list).


1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I think it was my maternal grandfather's mother...but as it turned out, I was also named after my paternal grandfather's mother, too...it's just that neither parent knew that she was also a [name].

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Really cried as opposed to tearing up? Can't remember.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I had a writing instructor in college say that like the smell of their own farts, people like the sight of their own handwriting (which is why he required us to type all our papers--in the time before word-processors and computers :P ). I like my handwriting when I'm being careful. I love my signature. I hate my handwriting most of the time, though, it's inconsistent and hard to read.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Ham or liverwurst.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yep. Two...26 years between them.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Probably not, which is a harsh thing to say about yourself.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Heh..you're joking, right?

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Nup. Out at 13, baby.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
*stares blankly*

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Basic 4, Total Raisin Bran

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
When I wear lace-ups....sometimes.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
To quote the kiddo, kind of: Mentally/emotionally? Yes. Physically? Sort of. I can do a lot of things that people don't think I should be able to do, but on the other hand...I have to get my husband to grate cheese and scoop ice cream.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Plain ol' vanilla or Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia or pralines'n'cream.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
mm...dunno...with guys it's their shoulders *pants* but mostly I'd say the whole package...maybe eyes?

15. RED OR PINK?
Blue.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
To quote led kid again: my temper and my insecurity around people, but I'll add my fat-ass body and the fact that I've wasted all the talent Goddess gave me.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST
My dad

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Well, since I'm not sending it out...and maybe 1 or two people *might* read my blog....it's a moot point, eh wot?

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Blue pants, black loafers.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Baked potato....er no, I take that back, 4 robin's eggs (the candy, you doofus).

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The hum of my printer, voice across the hall and the fire doors opening and closing.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Is there a multi-colored one?

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Lavender, bacon frying, the air after rain, rosemary, yarrow, roses

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My best friend, Dory.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Stole it from my daughter...and she doth rock the earth. <3>

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Baseball, baby!

27. HAIR COLOR?
Faded red-gold with lots of grey and silver, au naturale!

28. EYE COLOR?
Blue.

27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
I used to before I had lasik.

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Almost anything I don't have to fix myself.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Either Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets or Pirates of the Caribbean: The Black Pearl--I can't remember.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Coral polo, a work shirt with logo

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter, as long as it's here in Austin.

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Yes.

36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Almost any..maybe ice cream or sugar cookies or pumpkin pie with whipped cream....

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
See #18

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND
See #18

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I have several that I've started some time ago, and need to pick up again: Dianne Sylvan's The Body Sacred; the First Earthsea book, A Wizard of Earthsea; Rising Tide; I just finished Succubus Blues and Strands of Starlight

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Don't use one at work.

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
Don't watch TV

42. FAVORITE SOUND?
The little "mrr?" noise one of my cats makes, the hungry-I'm eating noises my son has made since a baby (you have to hear it to understand), the rumble of a powerful engine

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
The Beatles.

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Well, I suppose that depends on where I was living at the time...probably Nice, CA while living here, or NYC while living here.When I went from one coast to the other, I was technically moving, so not really away from home, lol.

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can make dinner out of a practically empty pantry, I can differentiate between the most minute color differences, give the most amazing...er...look something shiny!!!

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
NAS North Island CA (NAS=Naval Air Station)

47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
UM.

48. WHAT TIME IS IT NOW?
0900 CDT

No comments: