Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pop Quiz

Like my friend over at Pushing Furniture, I love a quiz, too. So for this one, HGTV's What's your architectural personality?, I am Spanish Colonial.

I actually love Spanish Colonial, believe it or not--well, let's be honest, they're talking Spanish Colonial Revival or Mediterranean Revival, or even Spanish eclectic; and I like the ones built in Texas and California in the 20s. But they're probably a bear to keep up. I am not wild about the typical "Spanish Colonial" furniture, though, and prefer something a little more rustic and comfy, with white painted accents and colorful fabrics. I adore this look and the colors here just make me happy. Boho--hippie funk--makes me happy, too.

Apparently, we lived in a 20s Spanish Revival in Coronado when I was hatched, strangely enough, I don't remember it. ;)  We have a few photos of parts of the exterior--white stucco--but I don't think an actual pic of the house. And it's long since been demolished and condos put up in place of it and its neighbors.

A cute Spanish eclectic in Sarasota, FL

I wonder what I would've gotten on the quiz if I'd said Reese Witherspoon instead of John Goodman....

No comments: