Monday, October 22, 2012

Something stinks like rotten fish

Okay, I'll admit it right up front: I've never been a huge fan of cycling. The Tour de France went on for decades and I neither knew nor cared about it. And I know Lance Armstrong is a bit of an arrogant birk, but this? This is bullshit.

From the moment he won, the French just couldn't stand it and started accusing him of doping. All the times he won or placed, they accused him of doping, but the blood tests never showed anything. I find it quite interesting that France (and Belgium) dominated the race until the mid-80s, and have not won it since. Lance was just the most obvious target. I'd watch out, if I were you, Miguel IndurĂ¡in, you have the next most numberous wins.

What a crock of shit, USADA, that you should buy into France's pettiness.

1 comment:

Al "Boots" Vinson said...

Well said, Nan!

I've never been too much on the cycling thing, either. Too many of them create traffic hazards ... & intentionally intensify the hazard because "they own the road, too."

Reminds me of the ATF officer who disregarded the rancher's warning about staying out of the pasture with the bull ... you can own the road all you want, but physics trumps your ownership.