Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hobbit Trivia

Okay, so I'll admit it, I just saw The Battle of the Five Armies this past weekend. Got tired of waiting for it on Redbox, so I handed my Wal-de-Mort card to my husband and told him, I don't care what it costs, buy me the third Hobbit movie! (We were supposed to go over Christmas while Junior Birdman was home, but it just never happened.)

**Spoilers**

(If I've used your photo and you have issues with it, please let me know and I'll take it down.)


So, having read the book close to 20 times in the past 40 years (!!!) I of course know what happens to three of the Dwarves, and yes, probably the three most favorite ones. Why do I suspect Jackson of having cast really appealing actors for those parts just to yank all the feels? But yes, I bawled...

Anyway, some useless trivia:

Thorin: Richard Armitage - born Leicester, England in 1971, making him the same age as my daughter (!!!); he's 6' 2½" and was in three episodes of one of my favorite Brit-coms, The Vicar of Dibley, as Harry Kennedy, the man the vicar (Dawn French) ends up marrying. He also has an uncredited part as a Naboo fighter pilot in Phantom Menace.
Thorin is so hot, he should melt the snow around him.


But...he's also in Captain America: The First Avenger. like, whoa--bad guy.


Balin: Ken Stott - born in Edinburgh in 1955. He's 5'7. So, closer to me in age AND height. LOL His mother was Sicilian. He is a stage actor, in fact, it looks like the three Hobbit movies were his first films!  And oh my gosh, look at how many plays!!!


Dwalin: Graham McTavish - born in Glasgow in 1961.  He says he's 6'3", IMDb says 6'2". I believe him. His daughter, Honor, was the "Cute Hobbit" in the first Hobbit movie. He was in RAMBO with Sylvester Stallone and has voiced several of the notable characters in several video games. And...he was in Red Dwarf. (!!)
RAWR.

Bifur: William Kircher - New Zealander. 5'9¼" Born 1958, not a whole lot out there about him. He is also the voice of the troll, Tom.

Bofur: James Nesbitt - born 1965 in Coleraine, Northern Ireland. 5'11½" He wanted to be a French teacher. Hmmm.  His daughters, Peggy and Mary, Play Bard's daughters Tilda and Sigrid, in the Hobbit movies. Among many other TV series, he was in Ballykissangel, another one of my favorite shows. Okay, so now Imma have to invest in the extended versions, because...more songs... This is in the first one,

So adorable.

I will get the rest of them in the next post.

Here's a few more bits and bobs from the extended version:

Down in Goblin Town

Elrond and Gandalf talk about Thorin

And a yummy BTS:

Rivendell (behind the scenes

Thranduil  (THRAHN-doo-eel)  mmm...Lee Pace is 6 fookin' 5, y'all.

And, finally, if you have five hours to kill

No comments: