Friday, September 27, 2013

In search of a title

I need a random title generator. Sometimes, you just feel like rambling on and have no specific idea or end in mind; titles just don't appear, wholly formed, at the beginning of the post.

Anyhoo...I'm over my pity party now. Not that I couldn't find something to sound pitiful about, mind you, but on that particular subject...well, I'll always have bouts of  "why do others get away with shititis," I guess.  Probably part of the human condition.

This is a list of things that kind of creep me out:


  • While I won't have any problem retiring (the sooner the better, IMO), and won't miss work a bit, it kind of weirds me out that someone else will be sitting at MY desk, using MY computer, and MY things...MY chair. no. No. NO.

  • People selling photos of people they never knew. This really makes me sad in addition to creeping me out. Here's an example of what I mean. People's babies and children, handsome men, families, couples. All these people lived and died, loved, hated, and at some point these photos were cherished by someone. Is there no one left in the family to preserve them? Did family have them and just not care or not know who they were (as is the case with a few really old photos I have)? These end up in estate sales, rummage sales, abandoned storage units, and the like. It weirds me out.

  • People who buy the contents of abandoned storage units. Pawing through other people's possessions and memories to make a buck. Ick.

  • Decapitation. The reason I won't read Tale of Two Cities. They all end up in the tumbrel headed to the guillotine. ACK!

  • People who like Miracle Whip, Pepsi, sugar in their coffee, and/or sweet tea. Your tasters be borked, just sayin'.

  • People who ask if you have "big weekend plans." I mean, do they party and hullaballoo every weekend or something? Or expect others to?  And, you know, even if I did (and what is or isn't "big" is subjective anyway), I probably wouldn't discuss it; and they never seem to notice I don't ask them the same thing. I don't care.


Anyway...change of pace.


2 comments:

france papillon said...

sorry. i do like sweet tea. green tea with honey. my favorite ;)))

very fun reading stuff, i really like your style. yep.
xx
france

ps: thank YOU for my button, totally appreciate!

Racu said...

Yes, I love hot green tea with honey, too. LOL