Sunday, August 04, 2013

DIY-ness

Today, I FINALLY made the door for the water heater closet. YAY me!  Okay, so I haven't hung it yet, but it's done, complete with the vent in the bottom. It's not going to be on hinges, but hung from the top on hooks.  Trust me, it'll work. 

While I was putting away my jigsaw, all the little blades were slipping out of the original packaging and I thought, Ooh! I can put those in this Mentos container...perfect size! But then I got to thinking, after a bit, the printing on them...you know, the printing that tells you what each little blade is for and if you use the wrong blade it'll make your project look like mako sharks in heat made it? yeah, that printing, will eventually wear off. So. Ages old fingernail polish that my manicurist gave me $%# years ago to do craft projects with came to the rescue.

I dabbed a bit of the color next to the blade description on the card, and then some on the shank of the blade, a different color for each type. Once they're dry then they'll go in the Mentos thingy.


1 comment:

Racu said...

The Mentos thing is too short. Rats...

I'll find another container, never fear!