Monday, May 19, 2008

Sequel not until November...gah!

The newest finished book for today is Nina Harper's Succubus in the City. And yes, it's a knock off of Sex in the City. But I enjoyed it and can't wait for the sequel Succubus Takes Manhattan, (yes, also pre-ordered) due out in November. I hope she'll wrap up the love story and the mystery in that one...waiting almost another year to see will be crappy. ;) I had to ignore the stereo-typical man bashing: "men don't keep diaries." Yes, actually, they do, but they're usually called journals...my husband has kept one (volumes and volumes) his entire adult life. "Men don't care about our sexual pleasure." Bah, with a few exceptions, almost every man I've had tried very hard to make sure I enjoyed it...not his fault if I didn't. Yes, in a few cases he could have cared less... But, a good read, nonetheless. And the couple sex scenes are hot without being explicit or crude.

The tall blue cat (a Bastform demon), who's a librarian just cracked me up.

She gives a good insider's view of life in Manhattan, too. I looked up some of the restaurants and shops...they actually exist. Not places someone like me would ever be able to afford, but then I'm not one of Satan's Chosen.

Public
Cafeteria
Butter
Barney's
ONO --This one actually looks affordable!

No comments: