Friday, December 08, 2006

books and their covers

How many times have we been told not to judge a book by its cover? No matter how long we live, we don't seem to get the message.

I work with a major whom I have dubbed Major Annoying. And for good reason. Dealing with him is often like trying to herd cats. He's presumptuous, needy and a slacker. I'd accused him (out of earshot) of being a suck-up to a retired 3-star who had commissioned through our detachment.

Well, here's where I got my come-uppance. He's known the 3-star since the Oklahoma City bombing, where the major, then a captain, was in charge of the USAF detail that went in and dug people out...the only live person they got out was a 19 YO, black female...whose leg they had to chop off in order to get her out. He's paid his dues. No more Major Annoying.

No comments: